Our Ref: RG/27/B/791
March 8, 2018
To: All Training/Human Resource Managers
All CIA Members
INVITATION AS PARTICIPANT AT A TWO – DAY CONTINUING MEMBERSHIP EDUCATION AND TRAINING (COMET) WORKSHOP TITLED: FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING FOR BUSINESS ORGANISATION AND GOVERNMENT
APRIL 26 – 27, 2018
We are pleased to invite you to the first tranche of Continuing Membership Education and Training (COMET) workshop in accordance with the following details.
Theme: FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING FOR BUSINESS ORGANISATION AND GOVERNMENT
Date: APRIL 26 – 27, 2018
Venue: ALDGATE CONGRESS HOTEL G.R.A., PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
Time: 9am - 4pm each day
Financial administration is a vital part of both public and private sector organizations because it is concerned with an organization’s resources. A financial administrator is responsible for developing the organization’s budget, prepares financial reports and is involved in directing its investment activities. The administrator is also responsible for planning the organization’s long-term financial goals and protecting assets.
These functions are important to the effective conduct of operations of both public and private sector organizations.
In this change mantra of the Federal Government, Financial administration is expected to meet the dynamic needs of planned developments and social change.
This workshop is therefore, designed to raise members and non-members awareness of finance and financial information in making informed business decisions
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- discuss the basic concepts, nature and scope of Financial Administration;
- explain various relevant issues on Financial Administration and Planning tools;
- evaluate the role of Budgeting and Budgetary Control in decision-making process;
- identify Financial Administration challenges in accountability and transparency;
- develop financial plans for sustainable results;
- acquire the knowledge and skills for developing plans and strategy; and
- analyze issues and challenges of Financial Administration in Corporate Governance.
- Financial Administration Framework: An Overview
- Financial Administration and Budgeting Control Strategies in both Private and Public Sectors
- Financial Administration in Corporate Governance, Transparency and Accountability for quality management decisions
- Understanding Financial Planning and Control Process for improved productivity.
Administrators, Directors, Managers, Top/Senior Executives, Team Leaders, Head of Department as well as present or potential officers in such roles who wish to acquire competence in financial administration and business planning both in private and public sectors of the economy.
DURATION Two (2) days
DATE April 26 – 27, 2018
VENUE ALDGATE CONGRESS HOTEL G.R.A., PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE.
TIME 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Daily
WORKSHOP FEE AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
CIA Members ------- N50,000 per participant
Non – Members ------- N60,000 per participant
This fee covers Training Materials, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, Workshop folders and certificate of attendance. Participants are expected to pay cash direct into any of the following Institute’s Bank Accounts:
First Bank of Nigeria PLC: (A/C No. 2012238864)
Zenith Bank PLC: (A/C No. 1010155991)
Account Name: Chartered Institute of Administration.
Please forward your payment details to the Corporate Affairs/Training Officer, Adm. Seyi Williams, FCIA; Mobile Phone No. 08035026955, 08164882510 or the National Secretariat tel. 08076983067 immediately after payment for further action.
Kindly bring your deposit slip to the registration point on 26th April, 2018 in exchange for official receipt.
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Adm. Azubuko Ugochukwu, BSC, AMT, FCIA.
Chairman, Continuing Membership Education and Training (COMET)
For: REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE