January 31, 2019
TO: All Training/Human Resource Managers
All CIA Members
INVITATION FOR NOMINATIONS AND AS PARTICIPANT AT A 2-DAY OPEN WORKSHOP TITLED: INTERPERSONAL SKILLS IMPROVEMENT FOR ADMINISTRATORS AND PERSONAL ASSISTANTS
DATE: MARCH 7 – 8, 2019
The ability of organizations to survive and stay relevant in the competitive environment depends largely on their interpersonal relationship with customers, stakeholders, superiors, peers, subordinates and many other groups.
It is pertinent to note that many organizations are characterized by poor relationships and conflicts hence, it becomes difficult if not impossible to improve performance and accomplish set goals.
Most importantly, effective communication and interpersonal skills are potent tools needed by Administrators and Personal Assistants for forging shared values, commitment and harmony in their organizations to achieve goals and objectives.
This workshop is therefore, designed to sharpen the skills of participants in interpersonal relationship, effective communication and conflict management for improved work climate and performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• identify factors that affect relationship in the work environment;
• use interpersonal skills to improve performance;
• minimize incidents of communication breakdown and conflicts at the workplace;
• relate more effectively with stakeholders, customers, superiors, peers and subordinate, etc;
• build effective work team;
• apply basic communication skills;
• improve relationships in the work/teams and enhance speed of performance; and
• analyze tools for conflict resolution.
- Managing the Boss
- Administration Concept and Interpersonal Relationship: An Overview
- Techniques of Conflict Management and Resolution for Peak Performance
- Effective Communication Skills, Strategies for Building, Improving and Sustaining Interpersonal Skills
• Participants will interact socially and confidently with others.
• Improved productivity
• Improved efficient time management
• Improved Communication Skills.
The workshop is mandatory for CIA members and attract credit hours. It is equally relevant to Admin. Officers, Managers, Special & Personal Assistants, Supervisors and Middle Level Management Officers of organizations as well as Officers who will either have potential to lead their organization in the future or are already in such role and wish to acquire competence in this area from both Private and government establishments of the economy.
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning methods.
DURATION: TWO (2) DAYS
DATE: MARCH 7 – 8, 2019
VENUE: CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ADMINISTRATION,
NATIONAL SECRETARIAT, LAGOS
TIME: 9 AM – 4 PM DAILY
WORKSHOP FEE AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
CIA MEMBERS — N50,000
NON MEMBERS — N60,000
This fee covers Training Materials, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, Workshop Folders, and Certificate of Attendance. Participants are expected to pay cash direct into any of the following Institute’s Bank Accounts:
• First Bank of Nigeria Plc: (Account No. 2012238864)
• Zenith Bank Plc: (Account No. 1010155991)
• Account Name: Chartered Institute of Administration
Please forward your payment details to the Principal Administrative Officer, Exams/Training; Adm. Seyi Williams, FCIA; Tel. No. 08035026955; 08068900846 or the National Secretariat Tel. No. 01-7944969, 08076983067 immediately after payment for further action. Kindly bring your deposit slip to the venue on March 7, 2019 in exchange for official receipt. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Adm. U. Azubuko, FCIA
Chairman, Continuing Membership Education & Training (COMET)
For: REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE