10th May, 2019
TO: All Training/Human Resource Directors/ Managers
All CIA Female Members
REQUEST FOR NOMINATION / INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE AT A 2-DAY TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR WOMEN TITLED: WOMEN IN ADMINISTRATION – AUGUST 22 – 23, 2019
In the world over, women are increasingly becoming highly influential; with many rising to top administrative or management and leadership positions in both Public and Private Sectors. Similarly, in some parts of the western world and developing countries, women are being elected or appointed to occupy highly respectable positions such as President, Prime minister, Head of State, CEO’s/MD’s of blue-chip companies etc.
In a developing country like ours, Women in Administration, Management and Leadership as a topical issue is receiving increasing attention today because women are still under-represented in Administration, particularly at the highest level of responsibility. They are now resolved to breaking the traditional glass ceiling that barred them from entering leadership positions even if they possessed the requisite skills and talent to occupy them.
Though few women occupy key Administration, Management and Leadership positions in both Private and Public Sectors of the Nigerian economy, concerted efforts should be made to empower them for the attainment of gender balances by equipping them with appropriate skills to perform their jobs, facilitate their upward mobility and enable them cope with the challenges of their job positions.
This workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with relevant administration and Leadership Skills for Peak Performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• analyse key administration, management and leadership concepts;
• identify leadership responsibilities of women;
• highlight the necessary skills required for women administrators to improve productivity and performance in the workplace;
• identify and effectively utilize contemporary leadership and administration tools for organizational peak performance;
• develop problem-solving and decision-making skills; and
• examine gender imbalance, implications and strategies to address it.
• Women in Administration, Management and Leadership: An Overview
• Tools and Techniques in Developing Administration and Leadership Skills for Women Administrators.
• Women and Good Health in Administration (Stress Management)
• Emotional Intelligence as a Strategy for Combating Gender Imbalance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Women in top management positions, chief executives of banks, permanent secretaries, director generals, women in Senior and Middle level Management position in the public and private sector, women entrepreneurs, women administrators in education and health, women leaders, CEO’s of non-governmental organisations (NGOs), consultants, professionals, executive director, women in politics, wives of governors, wives of local government chairmen, etc.
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning methods.
Duration: Two (2) days
Date: August 22 – 23, 2019
Venue: Golden Tulip, Festac, Lagos
Time: 9am – 4pm each day
The workshop fee per participant is N100,000 (One hundred thousand Naira) for Members and N120,000 (One hundred & twenty thousand Naira) for Non-Memnbers.
This fee covers Training Materials, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, Workshop Folders, and Certificate of Attendance.
Participants are expected to pay cash direct into any of the following Institute’s Bank Accounts:
• First Bank of Nigeria Plc:(Account No.2012238864)
• Zenith Bank Plc: (Account No.1010155991)
• Account Name: Chartered Institute of Administration
Please forward details of your payment for further action to the National Secretariat via e-mail to: email@example.com or call 08076983067 and 08164882510. Kindly come with a copy of your deposit slip to the venue of the programme on 10th August 22, 2019 in exchange for official receipt. For further information call the Principal Administration Officer, Training, Adm. Obaseyi Williams FCIA; tel. 08035026955, 08091505837
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Adm. U. Azubuko, FCIA
Chairman, Consultancy, Training & Education Committee
for: REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE