Click here to download a copy of this invitation letter
Our Ref: RG/278/1177
24th January, 2020
TO: All Training Directors/Human Resource Managers
All CIA Members
SPONSORSHIP OF YOUR STAFF FOR OUR 2-DAY OPEN WORKSHOP TITLED: ENHANCING EFFECTIVE WORK ETHICS AND ATTITUDINAL CHANGE FOR ORGANISATIONAL EFFICIENCY.
We have the pleasure to inform you of our upcoming open workshop holding in the Training Room at our National Secretariat at No. 78 Old Ojo Road, Kuje-Amuwo, Lagos, from March 19 to 20, 2020.
We face enormous challenges in the Administration and Management of our organizations to operate at a high level of efficiency. Achievement of goals depend on quality of leadership, strategies, policies, good corporate governance, work ethics, attitude and value system.
Work ethics is a set of principles relating to morals especially as applied to human conduct. Workers must be concerned about what is morally correct, honourable and acceptable to clients/customers and the society at large.
Work ethics, attitude and value can be influenced by the organization through changing attitudes for improved performance. Consequently, the performance of every organization is tied to the performance of every member of staff.
Equally important, positive attitude to work goes a long way towards improving the work environment, increasing productivity, reducing workplace stress, waste and enhancing organizational efficiency.
Administrators/Managers have responsibility of creating an organizational environment that encourages good work ethics, ethical concepts attitude and value orientation through an appropriate organizational policy or a code of ethics.
This workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with the requisite skills on work ethics and deepen their knowledge on positive attitude to improve the work environment. It also seeks to properly position organization for more effective performance through attitudinal modification and improved ethical standard
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- distinguish between work ethics, and attitudinal change;
- appreciate the overriding importance of positive attitude to work;
- develop the spirit of commitment to duty for organisational efficiency;
- formulate strategies for improving work ethics and enhancing employee’s attitude to work positively;
- identify factors that have negative and positive effects on employee’s attitude to work; and
- encourage consistent review of policies on work ethics to be in line with international best practices.
- The Concept of Work Ethics, Value and Attitude: An Overview
- Administration Strategies for Improving Work Ethics and Enhancing Employee’s Attitude to Work
- Effective Work Ethics, Culture, Value System and Attitudinal Change as Tools for Organisational Efficiency..
The workshop is relevant to Administrators, Frontline Customer Service Representatives (CSR), Departmental Managers, Account Managers, Field Service Representatives Marketing Executives in both Private and Government establishments of the economy.
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises, audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning methods.
DURATION: TWO (2) DAYS
DATE: MARCH 19 – 20, 2020
VENUE: CIA NATIONAL SECRETARIAT, LAGOS
TIME: 9 AM – 4 PM EACH DAY
WORKSHOP FEE AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
CIA MEMBERS — N50,000
NON MEMBERS — N60,000
This fee covers Training Materials, Tea/Cofee, Lunch, Workshop Folders, and Certificate of Attendance. Participants are expected to pay cash direct into any of the following Institute’s Bank Accounts:
- First Bank of Nigeria Plc: (Account No. 2012238864)
- Zenith Bank Plc: (Account No. 1010155991)
- Account Name: Chartered Institute of Administration
Please forward your payment details to the Principal Administrative Officer, Exams/Training; Adm. Seyi Williams, FCIA; Tel. No. 08035026955; 08068900846 or the National Secretariat Tel. No. 08091505837, 08076983067 immediately after payment for further action. Kindly bring your deposit slip to the venue on March 19, 2020 in exchange for official receipt.
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Adm. U. Azubuko, FCIA
Chairman, Management Consultancy & Training (COMET)
For: REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE