Our Ref: RG/10B/2/1057
2nd November, 2023
To: All Directors of Training/Human Resource Managers
All CIA Members
INVITATION TO ATTEND A 3-DAY CONTINUING MEMEBRSHIP EDUCATION & TRAINING WORKSHOP (WORKSHOP) TITLED: EFFECTIVE TEAM BUILDING AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT FOR ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL SUCCESS
One of the main focus of every organization is to create a very conducive work environment where employees can carry out their duties effectively without distractions, bottlenecks or negative influence of any sort that could hinder the achievement of individual and organizational goals.
Effective team activities help foster strong interpersonal relationship among employees, promote better communication and Collaboration and enhance overall team work. Similarly, Conflict Management is another critical aspect of team dynamics and vital skill for any administrator, manager and leader in today’s complex and diverse work environment. Conflict is inevitable in any organization and has become unavoidable because employees contend for authority, position, recognition, scarce resources, etc.
Conflict management skill is therefore, a vital skill for any Administrator, manager and leader in resolving disputes, preventing escalation and fostering collaboration among team members and stakeholders for the achievement of organisation goals and objectives.
Positively, resolving conflicts can help strengthen relationship among team members by building trust, develop deep understanding of each team members and mutual respect.
A skillful Administrator, Manager or Leader with good conflict management skill can successfully resolve tense workplace situations in a way that leaves all team members feeling heard, respected and motivated to continue doing their best.
This workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with actionable strategies and skills to develop effective work teams, manage conflict effectively and ensure best practices in this area for the success of the organization.
At the end of the workshop, Participants will be able to:
• discuss concepts of team building and conflict management;
• build formidable teams to achieve organizational success;
• identify sources of conflicts and apply appropriate intervention strategies for resolving them;
• discuss the role of effective communication in team building and conflict management;
• explore strategies to transform conflicts into opportunities for organizational success;
• apply leadership and administration skill in team building; and
• create an action plan for conflict resolution.
1) Effective Team Building and Conflict Management for Achieving Organizational Success: An Overview
2) Tools and Techniques for Building High-Performing Team.
3) Handling Team Conflicts and Benefits for Effective Conflict Management in Organizations.
4) Effective Communication and Interpersonal Relations in Team Building/Conflict Management.
5) Team Building Exercises and Case Studies in Conflict Management.
Employers of Labour, CEOs, Directors, Administrators, Managers, Accountants, Auditors , Regulatory Compliance Officers, Risk Managers, General Managers, Heads of Departments, Purchasing Managers, Marketing Executives/Managers, Top/Senior Executives, Team Leaders, and Civil Servants in all Public Establishments of the Economy.
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises, audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning methods.
DURATION: THREE (3) DAYS
DATE: NOVEMBER 28-30, 2023
VENUE: ROCKVIEW HOTEL & SUITES, WUSE II, ABUJA
TIME: 9 AM – 4 PM DAILY
WORKSHOP FEE AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
• CIA MEMBERS — N70,000
• NON MEMBERS — N80,000
This fee covers Training Materials, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, Workshop Folders, and Certificate of Attendance. Participants are expected to pay cash or by direct verifiable bank transfer direct into any of the following Institute’s Bank Accounts:
• First Bank of Nigeria Plc: (Account No. 2012238864)
• Zenith Bank Plc: (Account No. 1010155991)
• Account Name: Chartered Institute of Administration
Please forward your payment details to the Institute’s email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further enquiries call Principal Administrative Officer, Exams/Training; Adm. Seyi Williams, FCIA; Tel. No. 08035026955; 08068900846 or the National Secretariat Tel. No. 08091505837 immediately after payment for further action. Kindly bring your deposit slip to the venue on November 28, 2023 in exchange for official receipt.
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Adm. Ugochukwu Azubuko, FCIA
Chairman, Continuing Membership Education & Training (COMET)
For: REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE